Do you have clients that are self-funding projects to improve their manufacturing processes? If you do, the following announcement by Innovate UK and UK Research and Innovation may prove to be of interest.
The press release, dated 25 July 2019, says:
The Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) has up to £30 million to invest in projects that use industrial digital technologies to transform manufacturing productivity.
Projects must aim for short-term impact
The competition aims to support projects that can achieve short-term impact and rapid technology development through industrial digitalisation across a range of sectors from aerospace to food and drink and pharma.
Projects can be led by any sector but must show how they could be applied to at least 2 other sectors.
They should fit into one of 4 themes:
- smart, connected factory, including use of real-time data to optimise efficiency and capture, analysis and visualisation of manufacturing processes
- connected and versatile supply chain, including information integration, communication, traceability and trust
- design, make, test, including transforming product design through digital technologies and virtual product testing, verification and modelling, quality monitoring and inspection
- adaptable flexible manufacturing operations and skills, including culture change and skills development, and human-centric automation and autonomy
- the competition is open, and the deadline for applications is at midday on 21 August 2019
- businesses of any size may apply
- we expect projects to range in size between £250,000 and £10 million
- a briefing event will be held on 30 July 2019
Interested firms can apply online at https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/404/overview#summary