Is there a place for our LinkedIn groups to provide a network of support and ideas for business advisors and business owners post Brexit?
We are all connected to some degree and there must be a wealth of ideas and strategies being developed to cope with events after March 2019.
Politicians seem to be log-jammed, which is likely to push us into the less welcome hard Brexit scenario.
Practical challenges during the adjustment period are likely to consist of:
- Disrupted supply of goods from the EU.
- Disrupted export of goods to the EU.
- Delays at border controls with a real threat to perishable food imports.
- The legal status of EU citizens in the UK and British citizens living in the EU.
- Disinvestment as UK located businesses, who sell primarily to the EU markets, will likely relocate to the EU.
- Smaller companies in the supply chain to larger concerns who depend on the EU markets for sales may need to find alternative work and quickly.
- Retailers buying specialist products from the EU will need to find alternative non-EU suppliers or increase their stocks and prices.
The British Chambers of Commerce have a number of Brexit articles, see https://www.britishchambers.org.uk/news/2018/07/bcc-business-alarm-on-potential-brexit-vat-bombshell.
Likewise, the Institute of Directors have published Brexit related updates on their Navigating Brexit for Business page https://www.iod.com/news-campaigns/brexit.
The analogy of skating on thin ice comes to mind. Pooling survival strategies would seem to make sense?